Women in Skilled Trades - Project Coordinator
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Women in Skilled Trades -
About Keepers of the Circle
Keepers of the Circle is an Indigenous Hub operated by the Temiskaming Native Women’s Support Group (TNWSG), a non-profit organization founded in 1997 to promote the economic, cultural, and social equity of Indigenous women, girls, and gender diverse peoples.
About the Role
Keepers of the Circle is looking to recruit a Project Coordinator to engage, coordinate and develop partnerships with community, industry, and corporate partners across Ontario.
The Project Coordinator will engage in an initiative focused on the recruitment and retention of Indigenous women apprentices in the Red Seals trades while building on the Canadian Apprenticeship strategy. The Project Coordinator will promote meaningful careers within the skilled trades for Indigenous women across Ontario by working with industry partners within the skilled trades to ensure that they are thoroughly supported to succeed in their apprenticeships. Within this project, this role will evaluate existing obstacles and barriers that Indigenous women and industry employers face, facilitate and lead regular group committee discussions among stakeholders to create solutions to diversity, equity, and inclusion challenges, and implement recruitment strategies to increase Indigenous representation within the Red Seal Trades.
This position is on a full-time (35 hrs per week) basis and is based out of our training centre in Kirkland Lake, ON
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and is comfortable leading presentations and workshops with management teams
· Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
· Ability to document learnings, evaluate information and feedback gathered, and present information in a formal report
· Strong understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and policies
· Experience working in a group within an Indigenous community setting
· Organized and efficient with time management and able to multi-task
· Strong knowledge of MS Office is required
· Excellent problem-solving ability
· Non-judgmental and inclusive
· Respect to diversity
· Able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
We strongly encourage you to self-identify if you are of Indigenous ancestry or are a community affiliate.
If you would like more information about the role, please reach out to email@example.com
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility
We advocate for the presence and contributions of all people regardless of race, colour, religion, age, genetic status, sex, military status, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. As an Indigenous organization, Keepers of the Circle has an affirmative action policy that prioritizes the hiring of Indigenous Peoples and community affiliates. Please let us know of any specific requirements during the application process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – we are happy to work with you on accommodation requests.
How To Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send your resume, cover letter and related documents to email@example.com with the subject title “WST Project Coordinator – (Your Name).”