Women in Skilled Trades Partnership Liaison
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Women in Skilled Trades
About Keepers of the Circle
Keepers of the Circle is an Indigenous Hub operated by the Temiskaming Native Women’s Support Group (TNWSG), a non-profit organization founded in 1997 to promote the economic, cultural, and social equity of Indigenous women, girls, and gender diverse peoples.
About the Role
Keepers of the Circle is looking to recruit a Partnership Liaison to engage and develop partnerships with communities, industry partners, and other organizations across Ontario and nationally within the Red Seal trades. The role of the Partnership Liaison is to create these partnerships to support Indigenous women, girls, and gender-diverse people who have completed our Culture, Confidence, and Competence (CCC) pre-employment training program to obtain sector-specific work placements that are aligned with their personal and professional goals.
This position is on a full-time (35 hrs per week) basis and is based out of our training centre in Kirkland Lake, ON
· Non-judgmental and inclusive
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and is comfortable leading presentations and workshops with management teams
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Experience working in a group within an Indigenous community setting
· Organized and efficient with time management
· Working knowledge of MS Office
· Excellent problem-solving ability
· Respect to diversity
· Able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
· Understanding of, or willing to learn about different Red Seal skilled trades, including, but not limited to: heavy equipment operation, carpentry, construction work, electricians, landscape horticulturalists, painters and decorators, plumbers, and welders,
· Ability to apply critical thinking to solve complex issues and identify strategies to address cultural ignorance.
· Trauma-informed training is a plus
· Industry technical expertise/knowledge within the skilled trades is a plus
We strongly encourage you to self-identify if you are of Indigenous ancestry or are a community affiliate.
If you would like more information about the role, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility
We advocate for the presence and contributions of all people regardless of race, colour, religion, age, genetic status, sex, military status, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. As an Indigenous organization, Keepers of the Circle has an affirmative action policy that prioritizes the hiring of Indigenous Peoples and community affiliates. Please let us know of any specific requirements during the application process by emailing email@example.com – we are happy to work with you on accommodation requests.
How To Apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send your resume, cover letter and related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “WST Partnership Liaison – (Your Name).”