Warehouse Supervisor/Alamos Gold-Young-Davidson Mine/Matachewan, ON
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
About Alamos Gold Inc.: Alamos is a Canadian-based intermediate gold producer with diversified production from four operating mines in North America. This includes the Young-Davidson and the Island Gold mines in northern Ontario, Canada and the Mulatos and El Chanate mines in Sonora State, Mexico. Additionally, the Company has a significant portfolio of exploration through advanced development stage projects in Mexico, Turkey, Canada and the United States. Alamos employs more than 1,700 people and is committed to the highest standards of sustainable development.
Role Overview: To supervise warehouse operations including managing the Supply System, maintaining accurate inventory levels and providing a safe work environment in the warehouse. To supervise a team of employees to deliver warehouse, inventory management and supply chain services.
Your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Empowering Leadership
- Promote teamwork and information sharing
- Develop a shared responsibility culture with collaborative decision making
- Share power with employees and raise their responsibility levels
- Empower employees to problem solve and pursue a course of action
- Develop higher levels of team learning to lead to higher performance and overall improvements
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the warehouse.
- Monitor warehouse operations and systematically report on productivity, inventory levels and the quality and safety of storage facilities.
- Maintain warehouse supplies and materials inventory; monitor expenditures and budgets.
- Ensure storage facilities and employee conduct meets health and safety regulations and company standards. Ensure hazardous materials chemicals and gases are stored safely.
- Manage the transportation of materials in and out of the facility and ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Liaise and consult with the appropriate groups/persons in relation to materials, both new and existing, prior to ordering and storing.
- Communicate and update policies, procedures and budgets required for effective warehouse operations.
- Maintain and update material data sheets, staffing schedules, maintenance schedules and month end inventory and supply reports
- Review all reports for discrepancies and trends and rectify outstanding items or escalate them to senior management.
- Manage the maintenance and use of the Supply System, including the preparation and analysis of reports.
- Release MRP requisitions, review costing and manage inventory.
- Review data to identify inefficiencies, enhance productivity and ensure supplies are replenished in order to avoid disruptions to mine operations.
- Coordinate integrated activities between the Warehouse and Maintenance groups
- Develop plans to ensure materials are available for major shutdowns and maintenance projects.
- Liase with the maintenance group on materials usage and turnover to ensure inventory holdings are adequate.
- Provide prompt information on the availability of hard to acquire materials, especially overseas orders.
Lead the warehouse group.
- Manage a team of warehouse staff and ensure adequate staff coverage at all times including coverage for schedules. Coordinate on-call staff scheduling to provide after-hours or emergency coverage.
- Ensure the team proactively monitors equipment and skillfully investigates and resolves issues in a way that minimizes disruption to the mine.
- Investigate, delegate, and rectify numerous daily queries, problems, and other issues.
- Provide employees with clear work objectives and expectations of the performance levels required.
- Ensure the training is provided in accordance with the future needs of direct reports.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Complete any required time entry, vacation requests and schedules.
- Promote and maintain a high-performance culture.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical training or certification or Diploma of Collegial Studies
- 5-8 years of related experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supervisory roles.
- Self-starter who is able to anticipate needs and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail, able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, growing work environment.
- The individual should have demonstrated a high level of energy, self motivation and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills together with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort.
- Good communication skills, both orally and written with both internal and external contacts and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required.
Schedule: 8-hour shifts following a 5-2 rotation
Rewards for Your Efforts:
Competitive compensation based upon experience;
Medical, dental, and vision benefits;
Professional development training;
To learn more about Alamos Gold Inc. or to apply please visit www.alamosgold.com/careers
Young Davidson offers competitive salaries and benefits packages with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website, www.alamosgold.com and apply online under the careers’ sections.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.