Team Lead (RN)
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch is currently recruiting a Team Lead for its Kirkland Lake office. In keeping with the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Canadian Mental Health Association -Cochrane Timiskaming Branch (CMHA-CT), the Team Lead will provide a leadership role in case management and the Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT). The Team Lead will also perform as a Champion with our PS Suites EMR software.
1. Registered Nurse (Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree);
2. Membership/registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
3. Minimum of three years related mental health experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
4. Sound knowledge of psychotropic medications including usage and potential side effects;
5. Medication Administration Course including IM injections;
6. Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Nursing Act, Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Care Consent Act, Community Treatment Orders, and other related legislation in Ontario;
7. Knowledge of the Drug and Alcohol Treatment Information system (DATIS) data entry and PS Suites are an asset;
8. Thorough knowledge of entry, assessment and treatment planning, treatment and principles and techniques as they relate to mental health and addictions;
9. Knowledge and understanding of the complex issues related to addictions, mental illness, poverty, and homelessness, as well as the impact of social/cultural/economic factors on the determinants of health;
10. The ability to engage and work with a broad age group of clients with diverse and complex issues
11. Knowledge of community support services, primary care, mental health systems and addiction services;
12. Demonstrated critical thinking skills including strong clinical judgment and problem-solving skills;
13. Proven interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive shared-care working relationships with clients and care partners;
14. Ability to manage crisis in an effective, professional manner;
15. The ability to provide services according to a work schedule determined by the employer and according to the needs of the individuals served;
16. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required;
17. Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to establish and manage priorities, meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced, often pressured, environment;
18. Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
19. Understanding of and ability to work within professional and ethical guidelines;
20. Valid driver’s license from the province of Ontario and use of a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
French Language Service Designation: Bilingualism considered an asset.
For a complete job description, please contact Human Resources by e-mail at email@example.com. This is a permanent full-time position, located in Kirkland Lake. We offer a comprehensive compensation program and the opportunity to work alongside a team of energetic and spirited employees who are committed to improving the lives of those who rely on us for support.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume focused on personal achievements relevant to the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CMHA-CT has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires covered individuals to take part in COVID-19 vaccination programs recommended by Public Health; unless they are approved for a human rights accommodation from CMHA-CT. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for this position.
For more about the Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch
and the important work we do, visit us at www.cmhact.ca.
Please advise Human Resources if you will require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to properly participate. We would be pleased to assist you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. We will contact those candidates who are invited to participate in an interview.