SOCIAL SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
SOCIAL SUPPORT COORDINATOR
The position Community Wellness Coordinator is responsible for working collaboratively with all of Social Developments members at Apitipi Anicinapek Nation. SSC will be designing and implement programs and workshops to improve mental, emotional, spiritual and physical health and the well-being of all Social Development members. Using as a guide; the goals and knowledge to be learned established by AAN which will ensure the cultural, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of our community. SSC will deliver health and wellness services to our members through collaboration, you can develop effective and evidence-based programs that appeal to prospects and encourage participation.
- Plan, coordinate and promote social programs for Social Developments clients/members.
- Review all participants social expectations and goals to design programs and workshops to help them lead social successfullness.
- Support all clients in their recovery from addictions. Example; assist with after care plans, encourage and support anyone willing to take the first steps.
- Be available to relieve staff members and facilitate NA meetings from time to time.
- Build partnership internally and externally for the benefit of the community.
- Development a monthly calendar/workplan and budget to submit for approval along with an end of monthly report.
- Reflecting and interpreting AAN Vision, Mission and Core Values in employees own work with enthusiasm and commitment.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to prioritize work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work in team environment
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office
• Extensive knowledge in Algonquin history and teachings
• Social Work Diploma
• Class G Driver License
• Police Check Vulnerable Sector
• Drug and Alcohol Testing
Competencies (in order of importance)
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical
• Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on existing and new responsibilities and challenges
• Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism calmly and effectively within high stress situations
• Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personal challenging achievements, goals, and exerting effort toward mastering tasks
Lines of Communication
Reports directly to the Director of Social Development
• Willing to be available and committed for evenings and weekend programs to meet the needs of the client and community as needed
• Hours and time may differ pending the occasion and outcome of that day
Closing Date till filled