Part-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
McEwen Mining Inc. has four producing mines, located in Nevada, Ontario, Mexico and Argentina, and also owns a very large, underdeveloped copper deposit in Argentina. Our goal is to further develop into a strong and profitable gold and silver producer, focused on the Americas. In order to that, we need great talent. McEwen Mining currently has an opening at our Fox Complex for a:
Security Guard (Part-time)
The Security Guard, reporting directly to the Security Supervisor, is responsible for operating the mine security gate house and monitoring all activity coming on or leaving the mine site.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Record all employees, contractors and visitors arriving or exiting the mine/mill site
- Conduct personal and/or vehicle searches as directed
- Conduct security rounds of the site infrastructure and surrounding property
- Tag and record mine haulage truck information
- Remain on-call and accessible at all times in case of an emergency
- Prepare reports and documentation for incidents on site
- Provide assistance, support, and protection to managers as needed for employee issues
- Administer first aid treatment to ill and injured employees as required
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Valid Security License
- Current Advanced Medical First Responders Certification
- Must hold a valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Previous work experience in a mining environment is an asset
- 1-2 years previous security work experience an asset
- Proficient with computer software and Microsoft office
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and presentation skills
- The capability to work positively with a team of professional and technical people in a changing, creative, and energetic environment
Diversity and Inclusion
McEwen is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a
diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our communities, in which we
live and work.
To apply for this position please email your resume to:
To find out more information about McEwen mining please visit us at: www.McEwenmining.com
McEwen thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.