Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Are you looking to be a part of a team focused on advancing one of the largest undeveloped gold properties in Canada?
Moneta Gold Inc. is a Timmins-based gold exploration company focused on advancing our 100% wholly owned Tower Gold project, which is one of the largest undeveloped gold projects in North America. Our Tower Gold Project is located just 100km east of Timmins along Hwy 101, and we have the largest land position in the eastern Timmins Gold Camp, which is one of the most prolific gold-producing regions in the world, with over 85Moz of gold produced to date.
Moneta Gold’s Exploration team is seeking a dynamic Resource Geologist to join our team. Reporting to the Resource Geology and Database Manager, the primary role of the Resource Geologist is to execute geological modeling of our ore bodies and QA/QC of our database. The preference for this position is to be based in the Timmins / Black River - Matheson, Ontario area; however, a combined onsite and remote schedule can be considered for a highly qualified candidate.
Moneta Gold has committed to building a great culture, including a safe work environment, and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a benefits package that includes a medical, dental, and vision plan, paid time off, and long-term incentives.
· Responsible for the development of resource models, including geological and mineralization models, database administration, and QA/QC.
· Responsible for generating exploration targets
· Responsible for developing diamond drill and fieldwork programs.
· Responsible for ensuring that geological, geophysical, and geochemical field surveys are properly planned, executed, documented, and interpreted.
· Expected to play an active role, in supervising, planning, organizing, and controlling various technical and operational aspects of the program.
· Responsible to complete geological logging from drill core as required to be familiar with the geology being modeled
· Responsible for ensuring proper collection of data
· Contribute to the geological interpretation of the Moneta gold deposits, including the development of geological maps, cross-sections, long sections, and level plans, utilizing all available data.
· Integrate into and collaborate with the exploration team to ensure geological interpretations and mineralization controls are properly captured in the resource models
· Implement and maintain systems and procedures required for the execution of all technical aspects of diamond drill programs, including core logging, core cutting, sampling, and QA/QC.
· Collaborate in the development of geological, geochemical, and geophysical technical procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose and exceed industry standards.
· Expected to compile, interpret and report program technical data as required as either technical reports or as presentations.
· Bachelor of Science in Geological Sciences required
· Minimum of five years of experience in exploration or mining is required
- One year of experience in 3D geological modeling of ore bodies is required
- Experience with Leapfrog Geo, MX Deposit, Geosoft, and Arc-Pro is preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite is required
· A valid and clean driving record is required
· Physically fit; Ability to lift 40lbs is required
WHY WORK FOR MONETA GOLD?
Working at Moneta will be an exciting time as we grow exponentially. Be part of a team that can contribute greatly to how we will look in the future. A Company where you want your friends and family to join you. Great opportunity to use your trade, education and experience as well as develop new skills and abilities. Hit the ground running and develop your full potential with us!!!
Human Resources Contact: email@example.com