Remote & Automation Technician/Alamos Gold Inc/ Matachewan On.
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Job Duties: Reporting to the Chief Electrician following a 5/2 rotation, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and installing remote-control systems for LHD
- Maintaining and installing remote-control systems for blockholer
- Maintaining and installing teleoperation system for both mobile and fixed equipment
- Perform audit of remote-control systems for mobile and fixed equipment
- Participate in development and application of production best practices
- Participate in development and application of operating standards
- Special projects involvements (both leading and supporting roles depending)
- Assist in training of hourly personnel on various remote-control equipment
- QA/QC in production activities (adherence to standards and work quality)
- Promotion of company safety programs
- Any other task as directed by department head
- College diploma in electrical, electronic instrumentation, automation, or relevant work experience.
Work Experience Requirement:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of U/G mining in all facets of production, development and construction
- Proven ability to meet safety, production and budget targets
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Previous experience working with U/G workforce
- Knowledge of Hard-Line Remote systems would be considered as an asset
- Experience with Caterpillar and Maclean equipment would be considered as an asset
- Computer literacy skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives.
Wage: Compensation will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Benefits: In accordance with the terms of the benefits plans, which may be amended from time to time at the sole discretion of the Company, eligibility to participate in the following employee benefits:
- Health; Dental;
- Life Insurance;
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment;
- Critical Illness;
- Short-term Disability; Long-term Disability;
- Company RRSP; Company
To Apply:Qualified candidates are invited to send a covering letter, contact information for three supervisor references along with their resume to:
Alamos Gold Inc. – Young Davidson Mine