Registered Nurse (RN)
Part-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Permanent / Part-Time / Union ONA
• Reporting to the Director of Care, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to residents and oversees care given by Registered Practical Nurses and Personal Support Workers and maintains order, discipline and efficiency of personnel under his/her direction.
• Hours of work: Varies, including weekdays, weekends, evenings, and nights
• Compensation: Starting wage is $38.49 per hour as per Collective Agreement. Wage is determined by experience.
• Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario;
• Experience or successful completion of courses in geriatrics, rehabilitation and psychology is considered an asset;
• Gerontology experience in a Long Term Care Home with responsibilities for a group of residents is considered an asset;
• Must have exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Must have excellent record keeping and communication skills;
• Must be physically fit;
• Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to visit the Town’s website at kirklandlake.ca >>“Town Hall>>Career Opportunities” to submit their résumé (complete with covering letter). Competition open until a suitable candidate is secured.
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of the candidate’s selection.
The Town of Kirkland Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
Accommodations for Candidates with Disabilities are available upon request.