Occupational Health Nurse
Part-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Position: Occupational Health Nurse
Location: Matheson, Ontario (Black Fox Mine)
Job Category: Part-Time - Permanent
About McEwen’s Fox Complex:
McEwen Mining operates the Black Fox Complex through an
experienced workforce that oversees the fully operational Black Fox underground
mine. McEwen Mining is exploring and working towards potentially commissioning
multiple projects in the area, such as Froome, Grey Fox, Stock in Matheson and
the Lexam projects in Timmins.
The Occupational Health Nurse reports directly to the Company Doctor and to the Human Resources Superintendent. The Occupational Health Nurse will be responsible for providing basic first aid, evaluating employee’s health when required and responsible for WSIB claim management.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and implementing health and safety programs.
- Monitoring of the Fit for Duty program.
- Developing disease prevention programs, such as smoking cessation, exercise, and healthy eating programs.
- Documenting all employee injuries and illnesses within the workplace.
- Treating injuries and illnesses for employees, including follow-ups and referrals.
- Serving as a gatekeeper for healthcare services, including rehabilitation and disability matters.
- Counseling employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them toward community resources and/or employee assistance programs.
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources for administration of WSIB, LTD and STD claims management. Monitor WSIB claims for areas of objection and then assist with submitting objections/appeals to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
- Silica mask fit testing.
- Oversee the lead testing program.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
- Current registration, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Health and/or Disability Management is preferred.
- Experience in a mining environment is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and experience managing confidential and sensitive processes and information.
- Occasional flexibility required with working hours.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, proven ability to research, follow up and resolve complex issues,
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume or request more information at:
Human Resources, McEwen Mining
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McEwen Mining values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.