Nursing Clerk/Extendicare/Kirkland Lake, ON
Part-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
The successful applicant will possess the following skills/experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalence
- Completion of Unit Clerk Certificate from a recognized school or equivalent, including medical terminology.
- Good computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel in a Windows environment
- Ability to display professional conduct and communicate effectively with all health care providers, residents, families and the general public
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Under the guidance of the Director of Care, the Nursing Clerk has the following duties/responsibilities:
- Schedule and coordinate resident medical appointments by arranging transportation and escort, preparing documents to facilitate the appointment, contacting/notifying family members/ POA, and documenting the information in the residents’ electronic chart.
- Maintain medical records in an orderly manner, keep charts supplied with needed forms, file all reports/ forms such as laboratory, x-ray reports, physician notes, MARs flow sheets, etc. in the chart, and cull/thin charts
- Enter monthly nursing data into the resident electronic chart and provide reports to the Dietician, Dietary Manager and DOC
- Responsible for re- stocking supplies to storage room and the ordering of supplies.
- Assume responsibility for personal and professional growth, e.g. participates in staff development program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interested applicants please forward your application to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: September 30, 2021