Mine Technician/Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine/Matachewan, ON
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Alamos Gold Inc.
Young-Davidson Mine, located in Matachewan, Ontario, approximately 60 km west
of Kirkland Lake is hiring Mine Technicians. Young-Davidson is among one of Canada’s
largest Underground Gold Mines with growing production and a large mineral
reserve base. The successful candidate will have opportunity to work in a mine
that is also in the process of expanding the lower mine and completing
long-term infrastructure projects. More
information on Alamos Gold Inc. and the Young-Davidson Mine can be found on our
website at www.alamosgold.com
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the Technician position will be responsible to provide moderately complex technical support to the engineering department.
- Working with close supervision, completes moderately complex technical activities for the engineering department:
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to engineering in mine operations;
- Conduct mine ventilation surveys and maintain accurate ventilation plans for use in planning, operations and emergency situations;
- Monitor performance of main ventilation system and gives input into required upgrades to infrastructure, and performs troubleshooting when required;
- Provide operations with blast clearing instructions to ensure blast gases are cleared in a timely manner;
- Monitor and Instruct supervisor and miners regarding quality of ground control installation
- Survey ground control installation to make sure it is up to the design. Follow-up with underground department and engineering as needed;
- Trains others technicians as needed on how to use the equipment, file naming conventions, ventilation protocols and standards, and scheduling of tasks;
- Answers queries and handles requests related to engineering;
- Follows established policies and procedures related to engineering and complies with established methodologies and quality standards;
- Escalates issues requiring advanced expertise or knowledge about the broader business impact of decisions;
- Prepares standard reports and completes documentation related to engineering;
- Assists with special projects related to engineering;
- Maintains records for the engineering department:
- Ensures records are up to date, in the required format, accurate, and produced on time;
- Maintains reference material according to regulations and policies;
- Enters engineering data in the information system; and
- Other duties, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High-school graduation with related post-secondary training; Completion of specialized training or certification requiring up to 2 years of education
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of mining equipment and computer programs such as AutoCAD and ability to read, generate, and understand maps and printouts
- Demonstrated understanding of ventilation requirements, procedures and equipment and the ability to do audit in the field as needed
- Self-starter who is able to anticipate needs and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail, able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, growing work environment
- The individual should have demonstrated a high level of energy, self motivation, and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills together with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort.
- Good communication skills, both orally and written with both internal and external contacts and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required.
Schedule: 8 days on, 6 days off
Young Davidson offers competitive salaries and benefits packages with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website, www.alamosgold.com and apply online under the careers’ sections.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.