Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson is currently recruiting the following challenging position to join our maintenance team:
Alamos Gold’s Young-Davidson is a low-cost, long-life operation and one of Canada’s largest underground gold mines. It is located near the town of Matachewan centrally located between Timmins, Kirkland Lake, North Bay and Sudbury, Ontario. The recent completion of a highly automated lower mine expansion has resulted in Young-Davidson increasing production as well as strong free cash flow generation. With a large Mineral Reserve base, it will serve as Alamos’ foundation for growth for many years to come. This is a very exciting time at Young-Davidson, and we are searching for highly motivated and committed people to join our team!
If you are willing to be part of a team that is dedicated to growth, high performance and a culture of safety and accountability, we would like to hear from you!
Date Posted: September 8, 2023 Closing Date: Until filled
Reporting to the Mobile Mechanical Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing a full range of maintenance, repair and service activities on heavy equipment.
- Check mobile mining equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunction;
- Equipment removal, installation, alignment, troubleshooting and repair;
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required;
- Must have excellent understanding of hydraulic and electrical schematics;
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools;
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications;
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment;
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks;
- Attach components and adjust new equipment;
- Open work-orders, find parts and complete parts list in work-orders using all available resources; and
- Other duties assigned by the Mobile Mechanical Supervisor as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to diagnose, repair, maintain and overhaul mobile mining equipment;
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical experience in underground mining operations;
- Preferred candidate will have Ontario or inter-provincial trade qualification;
- Accredited in U/G common core modules;
- Accreditation in specialty modules would be an asset;
- Strong safety focus; and
- Self-motivated ability to work alone.
Schedule: 10hour shifts with a 5-4-4-4 rotating schedule
Young Davidson offers competitive base wage and incentive benefits, including health and welfare insurance benefits, pension and RRSP plan and employee share purchase plan with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website, www.alamosgold.com and apply online under the careers’ sections.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.