Maintenance with a specialty of Plumbing, Sandstone Management, Kirkland Lake, ON
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
We are looking for a Full Time reliable Maintenance Person with a specialty in Plumbing to undertake, upkeep and repair the interior or exterior of apartment buildings in Kirkland Lake. We will also rely on you to keep the building facilities in good condition by doing various odd jobs.
Technical knowledge is an important part of a maintenance person’s tool kit. You must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are valued greatly in this job.
The person must be able to efficiently undertake a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from fixing leaks to installing fixtures and HVAC systems.
A successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of building systems. They are patient individuals with a practical mind for troubleshooting, have manual dexterity and are able to work efficiently.
Must be able to install and maintain systems that transport water, waste, gases or hot water.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing toilets
- Installing vanities, sinks, taps and soldering
- Cutting, assembling and installing copper and ABS pipes to existing infrastructure
- Installing and maintaining water systems
- Perform maintenance and light repairs
- Paint and patch walls
- Undertake light installation or carpenting (e.g. build furniture, trim, door knobs, door locks, weather stripping)
- Repair equipment or appliances
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g. shoveling snow, water leaks)
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Read scopes of work, or drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems
- Cut, assemble and install copper and ABS pipes with attention to existing infrastructure
- Install and maintain water systems
- Locate and repair issues with water supply (e.g. leaks)
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repair domestic appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. taps, sinks) etc.
- Assist trades person in maintaining gas and liquid heating systems (air-conditioning units, radiators etc.)
- Maintain and repair waste disposal and sanitary systems
- Proven as a maintenance person with a specialty in plumbing
- Experience with power tools, especially plumbing (eg. drain augers)
- Basic understanding of electrical, HVAC systems, building code
- Basic math skills
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems, as well as, appliances
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair plumbing issues alone
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward/small/tight spaces
- Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship is an asset
- Valid license to practice profession is an asset
- Driver’s license with access to a vehicle
- Criminal Reference will be required
- Rate of pay is $20 to $30 per hour depending upon experience and qualifications
- Owning your own tools are preferred
- Start date for this position is as soon as possible
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to :