Maintenance Scheduler/Planner - JOB NUMBER 10509
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Maintenance Scheduler/Planner for its Oriented Strand Board (OSB) plant in Englehart, Ontario. The role of the Maintenance Scheduler/Planner is to improve work force productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance resources, parts, materials, and equipment access.
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager. Responsibilities include scheduling and coordinating of all maintenance activities performed during modular shuts, maintenance down-days and annual outage.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for short-range as well as medium-range scheduling activities. Short-range scheduling involves the regular updates to outage calendars, scheduling tasks for modular shuts and monthly down-days. Medium-range scheduling is coordinating and scheduling for semi-annual mill wide outages.
- Scheduling for shutdowns (major and minor), utilizing tools such as Gantt charts (Microsoft Project), Critical Path Analysis, and resource leveling.
- Track shutdown progress, facilitate short-interval meetings and keep mill management informed of delays.
- Site owner for scheduling system. Develop system to track and document lessons learn during modular shuts, down-days, and mill outages.
- Effectively managing relationships with key stakeholders, including Maintenance and Operations Area Leaders, Planning Team and Reliability Team.
- Demonstrates high initiative, attention to detail, and ability to work safely and efficiently as a team and independently.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Projects, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience with a computer maintenance management system (CMMS) such as, but NOT LIMITED to: MP2, SAP, JD Edwards or 4Site
- Prior experience in planning and scheduling maintenance work for modular and/or mill wide shutdowns.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Trade certificate and/or relevant post-secondary education
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience. Equal Opportunity Employer