Human Resources Supervisor
Contract • Kirkland Lake Region
HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERVISOR
Temporary Maternity Leave (Up to 18 Months) / Full-Time / Non-Union
• Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Services, the Human Resources Supervisor is responsible for the overall planning and management of Human Resources functions including, employee and labour relations, recruitment and selection, compensation and job evaluation, training and development, performance management, and development and administration of policies. The Human Resources Supervisor provides strategic advice, conflict resolution, and co-ordination of a range of day-to-day HR issues that requires judgement and tactical decision-making within prescribed policy parameters. Reporting to the Human Resources Supervisor is the Health and Safety Coordinator and Benefits Administrator.
• Hours of work: 35 hours per week
• Compensation: $73,414 to $88,116 per annum (commensurate with experience) with vacation pay as per the Employment Standards Act
• Degree in Human Resources Management or related field from a recognized educational institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• HRPA membership in good standing;
• Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in human resources management role;
• Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures including the Ontario Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Pay Equity Act, Labour Relations Act, and the Ontario Health and Safety Act and its’ related regulations;
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
• Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
• Exceptional communications skills both written and verbal for staff reports, projects and presentation.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to visit the Town’s website at kirklandlake.ca >>“Town Hall>>Career Opportunities” to submit their résumé (complete with covering letter) in confidence by Tuesday, October 05 at 3:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of the candidate’s selection.
The Town of Kirkland Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations for Candidates with Disabilities are available upon request.