Human Resources Superintendent-Alamos Gold Inc-Matachewan
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Role Overview: Based at the Young Davidson site in Matachewan, ON, the HR Superintendent provides a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services in the areas of employee relations, full cycle recruitment, benefits administration, performance management, policy administration and other HR initiatives.
- Provide advice to managers and employees on HR programs, service changes, employment legislation, and day to-day tactical HR matters and ensure advice and practices are consistent with company standards;
- Implement the HR strategy in YD as part of the global HR strategy, including implementing a new global HR System and championing the change management process;
- Provide input to the design of HR programs and initiatives and ensure they are successfully implemented and understood;
- Lead the recruitment function which includes building a recruitment brand, identifying effective candidate sources and tools, and candidate screening;
- Oversee and manage the performance management process including development plans, performance evaluations, and year-end review process;
- Provide employee relations services to employees/management requiring information about performance management, career planning, conflict resolution and other matters;
- Forecast HR related expenditures and manage the budget and ongoing allocation of resources; and
- Build a site culture that is consistent with the Company Values.
Compensation and benefits
- Manage the administration of compensation programs to ensure internal equity and compliance with company practices;
- Respond to queries regarding compensation and benefits programs and resolve or escalate complex issues;
- Provide guidance to management on salary administration practices, policies and procedures.
- Manage the advertising, screening, interviewing, selection, and relocation process of all new internal and external hires;
- Manage and deliver the employee induction process and ensure new employees are aware of job requirements and health and safety standards;
- Manage all employee exit procedures, including the calculation of severance, preparation of packages, leading adjustment measures and meeting with affected employees.
- University degree or college diploma in social sciences or business with specialization in Human Resources;
- Completion of or actively working towards the completion of the Certified Human Resources designation;
- A minimum of 10 years related human resource experience in a high-volume recruitment environment preferably in the mining or primary resource sectors;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervising / leading teams and people;
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and federal employment legislation;
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial information;
- Experience building relationships with First Nations and local communities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Payroll and Human Resource Information Systems;
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical, and computer skills are required, with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort.
- The ability to problem solve and make sound business decisions while working independently is critical to success in this role;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
Rewards for Your Efforts:
- Competitive compensation based upon experience;
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits; and
- Professional development training.
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to send a covering letter, contact information for three supervisor references along with their resume to:
Alamos Gold Inc. – Young Davidson Mine