Human Resources Assistant (1 Year Contract)/Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine/Matachewan, ON
Contract • Kirkland Lake Region
Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine, located in Matachewan, Ontario, approximately 60 km west of Kirkland Lake. The Young-Davidson Mine, offers a safe, exciting and progressive workplace environment. More information on Alamos Gold Inc. and the Young-Davidson Mine can be found on our website at www.alamosgold.com
Reporting to the HR Superintendent, the successful candidate will provide a wide range of clerical and administrative supporting including professional, confidential, and reliable assistance to Human Resources department and operational teams. If a fast pace, busy day with multiple and varying tasks and environment and team that are fun to work with, then apply today:
- Coordinate scheduling of HR activities and programs for employees as required.
- Administer internal and external job postings and manage applicant tracking system for all incoming job applications.
- Identifying effective candidate sources and tools and participate in candidate screening, scheduling of interviews and reference checks.
- Prepare materials and conduct HR onboarding process for new hires.
- Responsible for HRIS submission, including set up of new hires, employee changes and ensuring records stay current.
- Respond to inquiries and provide information to employees and management.
- Draft and distribute communication concerning HR information and programs.
- Be aware of changes to employment legislation, benefits, and policies.
- Responsible for general office management including, but not limited to maintaining office supplies inventory; reordering as needed, distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, catering; booking travel arrangements; coordinating site tours and managing the necessary interdepartmental logistics.
- Track probationary period performance evaluations for new hires.
- HR and general administrative filing.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High-school graduation with related post-secondary training.
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources or General Office Administration.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent computer skills specifically in Excel; Word; Email, or various HR systems or programs
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills both verbal and written, with the ability to facilitate commitment to collaborative teamwork.
- High level of energy and self-motivation is a must.
Young Davidson offers competitive salaries and benefits packages with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement with our full-time positions.
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website, www.alamosgold.com and apply online under the careers’ sections.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.