Part-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Permanent / Part-Time / Union CUPE 1074
• Under the direction of the Registered Staff, the Helping Hands are responsible and accountable for providing optimum services in the provision of activities of daily living, dining services, comfort and companionship to promote the wellbeing of each individual resident.
• Hours of work: Varies, including weekdays, weekends, and evenings (hours of work are subject to change)
• Compensation: Starting wage is $ 17.00 per hour as per Collective Agreement
• Preference will be given to students in the Health Care field;
• Secondary School Diploma preferred;
• Experience in customer service or working with seniors is considered an asset;
• Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team;
• Must have exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Must have excellent record keeping and communication skills;
• Sensitive and empathetic to the needs of others;
• Must be physically fit;
• Must be computer literate;
• Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to visit the Town’s website at kirklandlake.ca >>“Town Hall>>Career Opportunities” to submit their résumé (complete with covering letter) in confidence by June 14 at 3:00 pm.
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of the candidate’s selection.
The Town of Kirkland Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accommodations for Candidates with Disabilities are available upon request.