Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic - Advanced Construction Techniques - Matachewan, ON
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Advanced Construction Techniques is an international specialty contracting firm focused on the safe and efficient execution of multifaceted geotechnical construction projects involving underground seepage mitigation and structure settlement control. The company has been providing innovative and cost effective design/build seepage solutions to both private and public sector clients from coast to coast in the U.S. and Canada for more than 25 years.
We currently have several contract positions available for experienced Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic/Technician to work near Matachewan, Ontario.
Contracts will run from mid-March through late September to December 2019.
This is a safety sensitive position at a mine. Offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of drug and alcohol tests.
Working with site specific Project Management and the Head Office operations and service teams, our Field Mechanics perform routine maintenance and repairs on a wide variety of industry standard and custom made equipment.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a thorough knowledge of diesel engine/generator service and repair
• Have a thorough knowledge of hydraulic / pneumatic systems
• Have general knowledge and experience servicing heavy equipment
• Strong English language communication skills, both written and oral.
• Be available to work overtime and shift work, as required.
• Have the ability to safely and freely access all parts of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
• Hold a valid driver’s license and independent means of transportation to work locations.
While not required, certification as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician and/or experience with electronics and electrical is an asset.
Candidates must already be legally authorized to work in Canada to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Résumés may be submitted in confidence to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted
Please, no third party applications, submissions, inquiries, phone calls or in-person visits.