Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
DelShen Therapeutics Corp. is Licensed producer of medical cannabis and medical cannabis products under the Cannabis Act, located approximately 40 km west of Kirkland Lake, Ontario. We grow unique genetics sourced from MariPharm B.V., a Netherlands-based phytopharmaceutical company with over 25 years of experience in the research and cultivation of cannabis for medical purposes.
(Full time position)
The Grow Technician shall be responsible for planting, cultivating, and harvesting medical marijuana, applying knowledge of environmental systems and performing related duties. The Grow Technician will perform physical labour indoors. This position will require submission of Health Canada background check.
- Ascertain growing schedules and deviations from established procedures issued by Management;
- Clean rooms ensuring proper disinfectant procedures are followed
- Sow seeds and propogate cuttings;
- Observe and report plant development, and soil conditions to determine nutrient and moisture levels;
- Read and interpret sensing equipment which regulates humidity, ventilation, and carbon dioxide systems;
- May mix planting soil, following prescribed procedures.
- Will record information, such as environmental conditions, to maintain required records.
- Control plant growth and development through pruning and shaping of plants
- Conduct quality measurement projects as required
- Detect, report and help control all plant health and pest problems
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of plant needs regarding conditions and fertilization
- Some background in science and basic mathematical skills,
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Prolonged standing, walking, lifting, squatting and bending
- Work environment can be warm and humid, similar to a greenhouse environment
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade