Contract • Kirkland Lake Region
Gatling Exploration is looking to hire a diligent and dependable Geological Technician at the Larder Gold Project near Larder Lake, ON.
• Preforming the following tasks following established procedures:
Handling, cutting, splitting, and sampling exploration diamond drill core;
Tracking samples and packaging for shipment to the lab;
Opening core boxes and arranging in order on core tables inside core shack;
Checking footage blocks for errors and labelling box ends;
Assisting with technical analysis and orientation line mark-up as required;
Racking core boxes and tagging with hole number & box ends;
Stacking empty core boxes;
Palletizing logged and racking sampled core boxes;
Storing pulps & organizing pulp storage;
Bagging pulps for re-assay and preparing dispatches for bi-weekly shipment to lab;
Data Entry as required;
• Other duties, as assigned by direct supervisor or designate
• Maintaining clean and safe work environment inside and outside the core shack
• Participating in all pre-operating inspections, workplace inspections, and safety meetings
• Follow safety policies, procedures, best practices and government regulations at all times
• Assisting core shack foreman with site maintenance (clean-up & construction)
• Bushwacking, as required, to accompany geologists to spot or inspect drill pads, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum Secondary School Diploma or GED
• Certification as a Geological Technician (Asset)
• Minimum of 2-years industry experience
• Previous experience handling and cutting drill core (Preferred)
• Valid Class G Driver’s Licence
• Basic computer skills (experience with MS office products)
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Good communication (in English), literacy, and numeracy skills
• Ability to manage repetitive tasks and capacity to prioritize tasks
• Physical fitness with ability to lift upwards of 50lbs
• Team player with a proven commitment to safety, health, and the environment
Schedule: 7 days on / 7 days off, 10-hour shifts
Wage: $20-25 per hour depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time, 6-month contract, immediate start
Expected to start: Immediately
• This position includes regular periods during which there is continuous physical activity (e.g. walking, standing, lifting material (core boxes) or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (50lbs))
• Frequent exposures to factors such as temperature variations, moving machinery, noise, humidity, which may cause discomfort.
• Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses at a time.
• Tasks can be very repetitive and work environment unchanging.
• There may noticeable pressure from deadlines, production requirements, accuracy or similar demands.
Completion of the following preferred:
• First Aid/CPR/AED
• Additional training will be provided as required
Please apply via email to:
Daniela Marcoux, P.Geo.