Exploration Geologist/Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine/Matachewan, ON
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine, located in Matachewan, Ontario, approximately 60 km west of Kirkland Lake is hiring an Exploration Geologist at the Young-Davidson mine to support the on-going and expanding exploration programs. The mine is among one of Canada’s largest Underground Gold Mines with growing production and a large mineral reserve base. More information on Alamos Gold Inc. and the Young-Davidson Mine can be found on our website at www.alamosgold.com
Reporting to the Senior Exploration Geologist, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a variety of geology assignments and assisting in multiple aspects of the exploration programs, including:
Collection and interpretation of geological data from exploration programs, including diamond drilling, field mapping, surface sampling, and re-logging:
Drill core logging and field mapping.
Ensures best practices for logging, sampling, and database management are followed.
Contribute to the evaluation and interpretation of detailed- to regional-scale geology to identify and prioritize exploration opportunities.
Contribute to exploration work programs and exploration planning.
Work in close collaboration with contractors and any other persons placed under their responsibility.
All other tasks related to the regional exploration programs in the Young-Davidson Mine area as required by their supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in Geology or Earth Science; Post-graduate degree, an asset.
- Minimum 1-5 years’ experience in mineral exploration.
- Solid knowledge of orogenic gold deposit models.
- Understanding of geological settings, deposit models, and ore-forming processes as it pertains to the latest concepts of gold deposit environments.
- Experience in field mapping and logging of diamond drilling programs.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, environment, and community.
- Self-motivated and able to perform and communicate effectively within a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Experience with Leapfrog, ArcGIS, and SQL databases considered an asset.
- Registered as a Geologist in Training (GIT) or Professional Geologist (P.Geo) desirable.
Schedule/Contract Terms: 2x2 week rotation. Note schedule could be subject to change depending on exploration requirements of the company.
Young Davidson offers competitive salaries and benefits packages with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website, www.alamosgold.com and apply online under the careers’ sections.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.