Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
McEwen Mining Inc. has four producing mines, located in Nevada, Ontario, Mexico and Argentina, and also has exposure to copper through its subsidiary McEwen Copper, owner of the large Los Azules copper deposit in Argentina. Our goal is to further develop into a strong and profitable gold and silver producer, focused on the Americas. In order to do that, we need great talent. McEwen Mining currently has an opening at our Fox Complex for an:
Reporting to the Environmental Coordinator, the Environmental Technician will safely perform field and administrative tasks associated with the compliance and monitoring programs implemented at the McEwen Ontario Black Fox Mine and Mill site.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct environmental monitoring for surface water, storm water, waste water, groundwater, seepage water, receiving water and streams, waste, soil, and air sampling programs as required.
- Evaluate field and laboratory data to ensure quality standards are met.
- Compilation and analysis of analytical data and communication of results to the environmental coordinator.
- Compilation of internal and regulatory reports for review and submission by the environmental coordinator.
- Management of environmental databases and ensuring verifications are completed for compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Conduct regular inspections of site in accordance with monitoring programs and report any issues to the environmental coordinator.
- Respond to spills in consultation with environmental coordinator and site personnel.
- Ensure spill kits are adequately stocked for mitigation of spills.
- Ensure hazardous and non-hazardous waste is managed for proper disposal as per O.Reg. 347.
- Maintain inventory of sampling equipment and materials sufficient for conducting required monitoring programs.
- Operate and maintain water treatment system, which includes management of water levels, chemical dosing and in-house monitoring.
- Assist in compiling data for internal management and corporate requests.
- Must be willing to operate canoe/boat, ATVs, snowmobile and work on and near open water.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable means of transportation
- College Diploma for Environmental Technician or similar
- Related experience with water quality monitoring is an asset
- Experience using canoe, ATV's, snowmobiles is an asset
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions- occasional underground environment
- Excellent communications skills, as well as competency in computer applications, such as: Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Experience in a Mine, Mill or other industrial setting an asset
Diversity and Inclusion
McEwen is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a
diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our communities, in which we
live and work.
To apply for this position please email your resume to:
To find out more information about McEwen mining please visit us at: www.McEwenmining.com
McEwen thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.