Engineer in Training/Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine/Matachewan, ON
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine, located in Matachewan, Ontario, approximately 60 km west of Kirkland Lake is hiring Engineers in Training (E.I.T). Young-Davidson is among one of Canada’s largest Underground Gold Mines with growing production and a large mineral reserve base. The successful candidate will have opportunity to work in a mine that is also in the process of expanding the lower mine and completing long-term infrastructure projects. More information on Alamos Gold Inc. and the Young-Davidson Mine can be found on our website at www.alamosgold.com
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the successful candidate will rotate through the multiple areas of the Engineering Department. The candidate will be responsible in various Mine Engineering disciplines under the guidance of experienced personnel to allow for the development and growth of the graduate.
- Planning and design of:
- Pastefill plans;
- Drill and blast;
- Water management, survey;
- Scheduling and lateral development; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc. in Mine Engineering;
- Affiliation (or eligibility to register) with a Professional Engineering Organization.
- Strong safety conscious with a positive attitude
- 1-3 years of experience in underground mining operations;
- Experience with planning or surveying in and underground mine is an asset;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Vulcan, or other mine planning software is an asset;
- Accreditation in U/G Common Core modules is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and analytical skills; and
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Schedule: 8 days on, 6 days off
Young Davidson offers competitive salaries and benefits packages with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.