Drill Core Management Technician
Contract • Kirkland Lake Region
We are actively looking to fill the following Full-time Contract role at our Buried Treasure Project near Matachewan Ontario. Contract starting June 2022, and ending August 31 2022.
• Drill Core Management Technician – Posting ID # 108-2022
Scope of the Role
Under the direction of the Senior Project Geologist, the incumbent will carry out
duties to assist in the process for managing drill core from the Buried Treasure Project drill program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Transferring drill core to local drill core logging facility from drill.
• Laying-out drill core for review/logging by geologist.
• Tagging core boxes for geologist.
• Packing-up core boxes for transportation to Sudbury (Levack Mine).
• Stacking of un-shipped core in temporary core farm at Buried Treasure Project.
• Miscellaneous paperwork and filing.
• Moderate to heavy lifting will be required at times.
• Follow departmental safety program and maintain safety standards.
• Such other duties as may be assigned.
• Shift Schedule - Monday to Friday Dayshift.
• Public transportation is not available to this work location. Applicant will need to ensure own transportation to local core processing facility/office (either in Matachewan or Kirkland Lake). A company vehicle will be provided for work.
• Heavy lifting of approximately 50lbs will be required multiple times per shift
• A physical examination may be required.
• PPE is provided.
• Reference Posting ID # 108-2022 within resume.
• Preference will be given to a local Matachewan or Kirkland Lake Resident and/or student.
For further information about KGHM visit our website at www.kghm.com. To apply please forward resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in a career with KGHM. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
KGHM Polska Miedź S.A is an International company that employs approximately 34,000 people around the world and has been a major copper and silver producer for more than 60 years. The Company is highly respected for being a reliable employer, that values employees and experts with technical and market experience. Following our best practices; policies of transparency, safety, security and ethics; considering our locally cherished values and Indigenous communities; as well as environment protection, we are among the leaders of conducting sustainable mining.
KGHM International is a wholly owned subsidiary of KGHM Polska Miedź S.A and its operating assets includes mines in Canada, US, and South America as well as the Ajax Project in Kamloops, British Columbia and the Victoria Project in Sudbury, Ontario. Our team-oriented environment and culture offers the continued opportunity to be challenged, to contribute, and to grow.