Director of Mining
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Wahgoshig Resources Inc.
(Black Diamond Drilling/Black Diamond Forestry/Apitipi Anicinapek Trucking)
130 Diamond Drive West, Box 159
Matheson ON P0K 1N0
Industry: Mine development and production.
Company operating name: Wahgoshig Resources Limited Partnership (WRI)
Business Address: 130 Diamond Dr. W on Apitipi Anicinapek Nation
Description of Company: WRI is a company located at Wahgoshig First Nation (Abitibi #70). Our mandate
is to bring social, economic, and environmental benefits to our community by taking part in the economic
development of natural resources in Wahgoshig’s Traditional Territory while maintaining and promoting
our First Nation’s cultural and traditional way of life and, above all, respecting the land. WRI works with
operating mines in the vicinity of the Wahgoshig community in everything from planning, permitting and
exploration— through production—to rehabilitation and reclamation.
Title of position: Director of Mining
Terms of employment: Full-time and permanent.
• Hours may vary
Numbers of positions available: 1
The Director of Mining will plan, administer, coordinate, and review the activities of the mining projects
to optimize resource use, minimize costs and maintain quality standards. The Director of Mining will
inspire the mining team to create a safe, motivated, and productive environment which leads to
innovative continuous improvement. The Director of Mining will additionally lead business development
for WRI’s mining sector.
As a member of the WRI leadership, participate in the overall management of the operations to ensure
that production and profitability targets are achieved.
• Directs the formulation and operations of mining production strategies, policies and plans
• Plans production schedules, labor and material input requirements to meet output quantity,
quality, timing and efficiency specifications
• Directs the development of sound strategic plans and life of mining project schedules
Recommends operational changes to ensure that the mining projects meet targets.
• Coordinates the implementation of occupational health and safety requirements
• Conduct research, evaluates and applies new and improved methods and products to mine
• Oversees the acquisition and installation of new machinery
• Monitors production costs and adjusts processes and resources to minimize costs and maximize
• Controls the preparation of production records and reports for review
• Manages the execution of multiple, concurrent studies/projects to meet agreed objectives
• Engages in business development activities and prepares development proposals
• Bachelor’s degree not required but considered an asset
• 10 years of experience working in the mining sector is required, including at least 5 years at the
• Experience in employee relations
• Experience in managing budgetary targets
• Experience providing recommendations and guidance to support mine operations
• Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills
• Experience in managing safety regulations
• Experience in preparing production/budget reports
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail
• In depth understanding of underground mining, cut & fill, bulk mining (VRM), sub-level block
caving and block caving
• Functional proficiency with underground mining design and planning software packages such as
Deswik, Datamine, Vulcan, Surpac, or Minesight
Salary Range: $140,000.00 to $200,000.00 per annum
• Life insurance
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Location of Work:
• The role is located at, 174 Main St., Kirkland Lake, ON P2N 3G1, Ontario, Canada.
• Some travel may be required away from principal job site yearly.
Language of Work: English
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision making skills;
• Ability to engage and influence Senior leaders and other key stakeholders;
• Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude, ability to give direction;
• Must have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and conflict
• Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to continually prioritize workload
and respond to top priorities with a sense of urgency;
• Detail-oriented with both the ambition and willingness to dive into the details necessary to
accomplish responsibilities and solve problems; and
• Effective leadership and the ability to build a strong team culture.
How to Apply:
Please confirm your interest in the position and provide your resume to the following email address
HR@wahgoshigresources.com Please address your email to Lisa Geoffroy, HR Coordinator