Director of Development Services
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Full-Time / Non-Union
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, and as a member of the Senior Management Team, this position is responsible for the leadership, management and operation of five divisions:
3. Economic Development
4. Waste Management
5. Information Management / GIS Coordination
Working to continuously improve the Department to meet the ever changing needs of the community, the Director will provide strategic vision, leadership and expert guidance to the Town, ensuring short and long term plans are in place to maintain existing development and to accommodate growth.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Compensation: $97,406 to $116,091 per annum (commensurate with experience) with an comprehensive benefit package
• A University degree in Urban Planning or a related discipline.
• Registered Professional Planner in good standing with the Canadian Institute of Planners and the Ontario Professional Planners Institute is desirable.
• Minimum ten (10) years of progressive management experience in a public sector setting, preferably related to land development and community development/growth strategy.
• Ability to interact skillfully and professionally with internal and external stakeholders including staff, the public, Council, business, upper levels of government, etc.
• Exceptional people and management skills with the ability to manage staff at all levels ensuring accountability and performance, coaching and mentoring, relationship/team building, conflict resolution and motivation.
• Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Experience with budget forecasting and control.
• Ability to coordinate, analyze and utilize a variety of reports and records.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Extensive knowledge of land use principals in addition to knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, policy statements, processes, by-laws and best practices.
• Knowledge of Building Code Act and related regulations.
• Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the Town required.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to visit the Town’s website at kirklandlake.ca >>“Town Hall>>Career Opportunities” to submit their résumé (complete with covering letter) in confidence by Thursday, April 29 at 2:00 pm.
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of the candidate’s selection.
The Town of Kirkland Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations for Candidates with Disabilities are available upon request.