Part-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Part Time / Non-Union
• Reporting to the Administrative Assistant for the Public Works Department, Crossing Guards will guide and control vehicular and pedestrian traffic at assigned crosswalks. They will safely direct and escort pedestrians and children as they travel to and from school.
• Hours of work: Monday – Friday working approx. 1.5 hours per day throughout the school year as designated by the various School Boards. Hours may vary depending on school closures.
• Compensation: $18.45 to $21.58 per hour.
• Demonstrate knowledge in understanding road safety / conditions.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Keen alertness to surroundings and ability to follow directions and procedures.
• Able to communicate effectively and use of good judgement.
• Experience working with children preferred.
• Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
• Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to visit the Town’s website at kirklandlake.ca >> Town Hall >> Career Opportunities to submit their résumé and covering letter in confidence by Friday, February 23, 2024 at 2:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Kirkland Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations for candidates with disabilities are available upon request.
Any personal information submitted to the Town will be collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Employment Standards Act and will be used for recruitment purposes.