Contract • Kirkland Lake Region
Levert is presently seeking a Core Logger for a local mine in the Kirkland Lake, ON area.
- 2 weeks on 2 weeks off rotation
- 10-12 hour shifts
- Based out of the Kirkland Lake, ON area
- Contract work - the possibility of an extension
- Logging exploration and definition diamond drill core into the computerized data handling system.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of drilling programs as needed.
- Assisting with tracking drilling progress on a daily basis as needed.
- Updating daily diamond drilling performance reports excel spreadsheets as needed.
- Interpret drill core, identifying depth intervals of gold ore mineralization and structural data.
- Core sampling and RQD’s estimation.
- Ensuring all relevant QA/QC controls are being effectively followed during the completion of project tasks.
- Core photography.
- Assisting in core boxes handling and core samples delivering to the lab.
- Maintain health, safety, and environmental standards; and
- Other geology departments work as required including but not limited to underground mapping and chip sampling.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSC in Geology from a recognized Canadian University or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year industry experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Vulcan or other geological software is an asset.
- Exposure to DH logger and fusion software.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Self-motivated ability to work alone.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
While we do appreciate all job applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with Levert. This includes assistance in completing the registration process (online or in the office). To discuss accommodations needed to apply for a job, please call Levert at 1-800-461-5934 and ask to speak with a Recruiter.