Construction Miner Capital Projects/Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine/Matachewan, ON
Full-Time • Kirkland Lake Region
Alamos Gold Inc.
Young-Davidson Mine, located in Matachewan, Ontario, approximately 60 km west
of Kirkland Lake is hiring a Construction Miner. Young-Davidson is among one of Canada’s
largest Underground Gold Mines with growing production and a large mineral
reserve base. More information on Alamos Gold
Inc. and the Young-Davidson Mine can be found on our website at
Reporting to the Construction Supervisor the successful candidate will be responsible for the construction of capital infrastructure.
This role is for seasoned construction miners that will work on a single shift basis (no cross-shift) to deliver quality and timely projects in a safe fashion. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Scaling and doing pre-operation inspection of work site;
- Filling 5 point card and maintain accurate operating records, including daily work reports;
- Build general mine infrastructure (refuges, ESS, storages, mags, ventilation door, shops etc…).
- Build pumping installation (dams, stationary pumping stations, weirs etc…).
- Concrete work (forming, pouring, leveling, and finishing of concrete pours)
- Apply shotcrete (dry).
- Inspect work during and after completion and ensure result is following prints and standards.
- Contribute to and establish effective workplace relationships.
- Provide workplace status update to relevant people at the end of shift (supervisor and coworkers)
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced crew members
- Support construction supervisor by doing site inspections, QA/QC, establish methodology in construction context etc…
- All other tasks as directed by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years construction experience in mining operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work independently.
- Strong experience in construction/carpentry, concrete, welding work.
- Ability to read and understand engineering prints (civil work, structural work, rock excavation work)
- Exhibit high attention to detail and high standards
- Strong work ethic and a resourceful approach to challenges
- Good communication skills, coupled with strong leadership abilities; and
- Qualified as train the trainer would be an asset.
Schedule:10h shifts, following a 4/3 schedule day shift only
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website, www.alamosgold.com and apply online under the careers’ sections.
As an applicant invited to participate in the recruitment process (such as an interview or testing) should you require accommodation due to a disability, please discuss your needs with us.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.