Addictions & Mental Health Worker
Contract • Kirkland Lake Region
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch is currently recruiting an Addictions & Mental Health Worker for its Kirkland Lake office. In keeping with CMHA Cochrane Timiskaming Branch’s Mission, Vision, and Values, the Addictions & Mental Health Workers (the Workers) are members of a multidisciplinary team who play key roles in the coordination of care and services for clients who are affected by addictions, mental illness, dual diagnoses and/or concurrent disorders. The Workers recognize and respect the individuality and uniqueness of each client, including their needs, values, beliefs, and choices.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Bachelor of Arts degree in one of the core mental health disciplines is preferred. Other levels of relevant education with experience in the mental health and addictions fields may be considered;
2. Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers would be an asset;
3. ASIST training;
4. Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation related to the role;
5. Experience working in the mental health and addictions fields;
6. Knowledge and understanding of the complex issues related to addictions, mental illness, poverty, and homelessness, as well as the impact of social/cultural/economic factors on the determinants of health;
7. Understanding of and ability to work within professional and ethical guidelines;
8. The ability to engage and work with a broad age group of clients with diverse and complex issues;
9. Knowledge of psychotropic medications, their benefits and effects, would be beneficial;
10. Demonstrated critical thinking skills including strong clinical judgment and problem-solving skills;
11. Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and conflict resolution skills;
12. Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced, often pressured, environment;
13. Strong crisis and suicide intervention skills;
14. Valid driver’s license from the province of Ontario and use of a reliable vehicle for work purposes;
15. The ability to provide services according to a work schedule determined by the employer and according to the needs of the individuals served.
French Language Service Designation: Bilingualism considered an asset.
For a complete job description, please contact Human Resources by e-mail at email@example.com. This is a temporary (1 year) full-time unionized position, located in Kirkland Lake. We offer a comprehensive compensation program and the opportunity to work alongside a team of energetic and spirited employees who are committed to improving the lives of those who rely on us for support.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume focused on personal achievements relevant to the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CMHA-CT has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires covered individuals to take part in COVID-19 vaccination programs recommended by Public Health; unless they are approved for a human rights accommodation from CMHA-CT. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for this position.
For more about the Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch
and the important work we do, visit us at www.cmhact.ca.
Please advise Human Resources if you will require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to properly participate. We would be pleased to assist you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. We will contact those candidates who are invited to participate in an interview.